How Can Crystalens Benefit Me? Well, it depends on whether or not you suffer from cloudy or “hazy vision” and/or experience a glare or halos of light (i.e. circles or dots of light) at night. If so, then Crystalens may be the perfect remedy for you! Crystalens are FDA-approved artificial implants, often used to replace damaged and/or aging lens. It is most commonly used to replace lens damaged due to cataracts, a condition that occurs when protein gradually accumulates on your eye lens, causing cloudy vision and/or vision loss. In some cases, you may not even realize that you have cataracts because it is normally a long-developing, painless eye condition.
Most likely your first indication that something is wrong with your eye will occur when you experience significant changes in your vision. Although this eye condition typically occurs in people older than 50 years old, it can affect anyone. Thankfully, a Crystalens implant can remove your damaged lens and replace it with a “new” one. In other words, Crystalens can improve your vision, practically overnight. It is one of the safest outpatient eye surgeries performed in the United States. It is also one of the most innovative and effective artificial remedies for cataracts.
This eye implant not only improves your vision and clarity, it also enhances your perception of color. If you are interested in learning more about Crystalens, schedule a consultation with an ophthalmologist. He/she will evaluate the condition of your eye through a comprehensive ophthalmic exam and explain the implant process. Crystalens will not only expand your vision and focus, it will also boost your self-esteem and self-confidence. With your newfound vision, you will feel as if you are on top of the world.
In order to fully understand the benefits of Crystalens, you must recognize the symptoms of cataracts. It is true that cataracts can affect the way you see life and it can severely impact your quality of life. Your vision is one of your most important senses – cloudy, blurred or “hazy” vision can interfere with your ability to live independently. In fact, a loss of vision, no matter how small, can make routine tasks challenging, at the least. For instance, driving can be dangerous, if you have cataracts that impede your vision. You could run off the road or hit another car.
Moreover, going to unfamiliar places when you have cataracts can be daunting, to say the least. Why? Because you can’t see – or at best you can’t see well! How can you possibly know if danger is lurking or if you are at the wrong location? Imagine waking up one day and not being able to clearly see objects that are familiar to you. Now imagine waking up and seeing the world in a different light – clearer, more focused and brighter. That is what Crystalens can do for you, if you have cataracts. When you have cataracts your vision is cloudy and blurry. The clearness, crispness and color, you remember is no longer available.
You may also notice that everything has a glare, which is especially bad when you are outside in the sun. Moreover, if you have this eye condition, you may experience halos of light (i.e. bright or white dots or circles) while driving at night. Do not let cataracts sneak up on you! Regular eye exams can help you detect cataracts in the early stages. The sooner you seek treatment, the sooner you will be able to see the world through “new lens.”
- Crystalens implants are especially beneficial, if you suffer from eye conditions such as: cataracts and/or presbyopia (an age-related eye condition that interferes with your ability to change focus and/or focus on close objects).
- Crystalens not only helps your eyes focus on close and faraway objects, it also reduces your dependency on prescription glasses and/or contracts.
- Approximately 90% of people who have had Crystalens implant surgery can see 20/25, at a distance.
- Approximately 95% of people who have had Crystalens implant surgery can see 20/20, at an arm’s length.
- Approximately 70% of people who have had Crystalens implant surgery can see 20/25, close up.
- Approximately 95% of people who have had Crystalens implant surgery are able to successfully pass their driver’s license eye exam, without prescription glasses and/or contacts.
Bausch & Lomb. (2014). Crystalens AO lens. Retrieved from http://www.bausch.com/our-products/surgical-products/cataract-surgery/crystalens-ao/
Crystalens. (2014). The Crystalens procedure. Retrieved from http://www.crystalens.com/en-us/thecrystalensprocedure.aspx
University of Rochester Medical Center. (2014). Crystalens IOL. Retrieved from http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/eye-institute/lasik/procedures/crystalens-iol.cfm
A Tampa Tribune reader’s poll has ranked him as Pasco’s Best Eye Surgeon for the last 3 years.
PatientsChoice.org has recognized him as one of America’s Most Compassionate Doctors for 9 years in a row (2009-2017). He again won the Patient’s Choice Award for the 9th year in row this year. Both awards are given to less than 3% of doctors and based on patient voting. Dr. Mahootchi was in the top 1% in 2017.
Latest posts by Dr. Ahad Mahootchi (see all)
- 3 Symptoms of Wet Macular Degeneration and How It Is Treated - November 20, 2019
- 3 Types of Corneal Disease and How Corneal Transplant Could Be the Answer - November 10, 2019
- Signs and Symptoms of Diabetic Retinopathy - October 20, 2019